Monday 24 November 2014

Cartagena - Old Town Charm and More…

We recently came back from one of my favourite places here in Colombia and I just want to share with you some of the very special moments from this trip. As I have already written about Cartagena in my blog last year (it was my first ever post, as a matter of fact), I decided to keep it simple and let the photos speak for themselves. What is apparently different from the previous post is this time, I went back to an island called Islas del Rosario, an absolute paradise if you ever have a chance to visit. You can go there for a day trip or stay a few nights and completely enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches that nature has to offer. It is only a 45 minutes boat ride from Cartagena and if I may, it was the highlight of my trip. So much so that every time I go back to Cartagena now, a day trip to the island will always be a part of the holiday agenda. ___________________________________________________________________________________ The day began with a magical sunrise and clear sky followed by an unbelievable surreal sunset
Charming balconies gave the old town an enchanted touch
Other delightful touches of old architectures added more mystery to the historic area
A day trip to the Islas del Rosario
And last but not least, the best hotel in Cartagena, Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa Cartagena, where the most breathtaking view of the city can be seen from its gorgeous rooftop

No comments:

Post a Comment